Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just came 2nd in an omaha limit mtt. It helped getting a Royal Flush (my first ever) and then not long after hit quad queens, but then that's the luck you need sometimes. I made the ft in good shape but the big stack continued to dominate all the way through and heads up he was on about 160,000 against my 20,000 on 4k/8k blinds. Well a raise or two when I didn't have a hand and it was all over. He got lucky on the last hand though, hitting a jack on the river to give him a pair. I held pocket 7's in my hand and was ahead until this point.

Very happy with 2nd though, not only another final table, but my best Stars place finish to date.

2 comments:

matt674 said...

Not so much hitting the quad queens but also having the best lo hand to scoop the pot - thats the trick with omaha hi/lo, SCOOPING.

So many times you see people just playing a hand with A2 and no high potential - and getting stuck when no lo hand appears, many times you see people playing good high only hands but losing half the pot or winning their money back when a lo hand comes on board.

If i remember this time last year you were celebrating your first hold'em mtt win - now close with your first omaha h/l win, should we pencil you in for next years WPT event at Atlantis??? ;o)

Graham said...

Cheers,

I was looking back at the hand and thought I played it quite well actually. I love the low hand there, possibly more than the quads. It's just the icing on the cake really that I didn't even expect.

Atlantis - I would love to go :)

Cheers Matt